Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ST. THERESA!!!

Loved ones,

Praise God!!! I have gotten my assignment, and tomorrow afternoon I'll be going to Masindi, Uganda to St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Secondary School for Girls. Oh, hello, Jesus, I think you heard me praying to you and you pretty much responded with a big old Y-E-S!!
My first site was a pseudo-disaster, but it didn't help that I had reached maximum dehydration at the hospital the day before I left and almost lost one of my dear kidneys.
My supervisor's name is Sister Daisy and she is positively wonderful. She laughs with her whole body, and she is so on fire with God's love. I had a rough go a few weeks back, and I'm happy to say that Africa, Uganda, and this beautiful school with 700 girls will hopefully be my home for a long time.
I'm about one kilometer from a big town so I'll be able to walk in and go shopping for food and other stuff.
I'm really really going to miss the 23 other trainees that made it through with me, but they are all going to be amazing at their respective sites and we'll be visiting each other often.
Thank you all so much for the letters, e-mails, facebook messages, etc. I cannot tell you how much it means to hear from you.
The language I've learned is called Runyoro. About 2 million people speak it. I was the only person in my class to pass our qualifying test. I studied my butt off, and I'm pretty proud to be able to say that I passed.
I'm praying so hard for all of the folks back in the states, and I'm quite looking forward to hearing from you!
Mukama Akume Omukisa! (God Bless You!)
Love,
Tori

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Torrance!

I love you and think about you a lot!! I hope everything is going OK in Uganda!! You are absolutely amazing for doing this!!! Miss you :)